Cascade has delivered the 6th form Dance Programme at The Canterbury Academy since 2009. This programme is part of the Canterbury Performing Arts delivered alongside a range of academic qualifications.
The Dance Programme
Provides weekly technique, choreography and performance opportunities to gifted and talented students at 6th form / FE level ( age 16+)
We lead 8 hours of dance training a week in contemporary techniques, ballet, jazz and physical theatre, plus weekly strength and conditioning training with professionals. The Dance Programme is a stepping stone for students looking to pursue a career in dance. Previous students have been accepted into The Centre, Bird College, SLP College, Chichester & Roehampton University, Laban, Urdang, Performers College and The London Studio Centre.
Previous Performances Include:
- MOVE IT 2014, Olympia, London
- U Dance 2013 Leeds Festival ( Regional Winners & National Festival)
- Youth Sport Trust National Conference 2013
- Kent Schools Games 2012 Opening Ceremony
- Olympic Torch Relay Event in Dover 2012
- Festival for Stars Competition (Regional winners) 2011
- Arts Awards South East Conference 2011
FIND OUT MORE
For information on auditions & open days please contact Ceris Eveleigh, Head of Dance.
Tracey Healey, Research & Innovation Development Manager, Education TOP Foundation