Cascade delivers a variety of activities at the Canterbury Academy with a residency on the school campus. Alongside primary, youth and graduate classes we also run the Dance Academy Programme for 16 +
The Cascade Dance Programme provides weekly dance technique, choreography and performance opportunites to gifted and talented students aged 16- 19. This Programme is part of the Canterbury Institute for Performing Arts delivered alongside a range of academic & applied qualifications at The Canterbury Academy.
The Dance Programme is aimed at students who have completed their GCSE's and are looking to study at A-Level, BTEC or National Diploma Level. The Programme provides up to 7 hours of dance training a week in contemporary teachniques, ballet, jazz and physical theatre, plus weekly strength and conditioning training with professionals.
The Dance Programme is a stepping stone for students looking to pursue a career in dance. Previous students have been accepted into The Centre, SLP College, Chichester, Laban, Urdang, Performers College and London Studio Centre.
Previous Performances Include:
- MOVE IT 2014, Olympia, London
- U Dance 2013 Leeds Festival ( National Festival)
- U Dance 2013 South East (Regional winners)
- Youth Sport Trust National Conference 2013
- Kent Schools Games 2012 Opening Ceremony
- Olympic Torch Relay Event in Dover 2012
- Festival for Stars Competition (Regional winners) 2011
- Arts Awards South East Conference 2011
Tracey Healey, Research & Innovation Development Manager, Education TOP Foundation