Cascade has delivered the 6th form Dance Programme at The Canterbury Academy since 2009. This programme is part of the Canterbury Institute for Performing Arts delivered alongside a range of academic qualifications.
CPA: Dance Programme
Provides weekly technique, choreography and performance opportunities to gifted and talented students at 6th form (age 16+). Cascade leads 10 hours of dance training per week in contemporary techniques, ballet, jazz and urban dance alongside workshops in areas such as choreography and audition technique. The programme is delivered by a range of Cascade practitioners who share their expertise, knowledge and professional experience to the students.
The Dance Programme is a stepping stone to pursue a career in dance and previous students have been accepted into prestigious dance & performing arts institutes and universities.
Previous Performances Include:
- Capezio Championships (2017 finalists)
- Kent Cultural Celebration ( 2016)
- MOVE IT 2014, 2016, 2017 Excel London
- U Dance 2013 Leeds Festival ( Regional Winners & National Festival)
- Youth Sport Trust National Conference 2013
- Kent Schools Games 2012 Opening Ceremony
- Olympic Torch Relay Event in Dover 2012
- Festival for Stars Competition (Regional winners) 2011
- Arts Awards South East Conference 2011
FIND OUT MORE
For information on auditions & open days please contact Head of Dance Ceris Eveleigh.
Cascade has been working in partnership with Canterbury Institute for Performing Arts for over 6 years producing some beautiful work for our students. Thank you for all the work you do with our dancers and long may it continue. Ceris Eveleigh, Head of Dance, 2016