Cascade has delivered the 6th form Dance Programme at The Canterbury Academy since 2009. This programme is part of the Canterbury Institute for Performing Arts delivered alongside a range of academic qualifications.
CPA: Dance Programme
Provides weekly technique, choreography and performance opportunities to gifted and talented students at 6th form (age 16+). Cascade lead 10 hours of dance training a week in contemporary techniques, ballet, jazz and urban dance alongside workshops and masterclasses in areas such as choreography and audition technique. The programme is delivered by a range of Cascade practitioners who share their expertise, knowledge and professional experience to the students.
The Dance Programme is a stepping stone to pursue a career in dance and previous students have been accepted into prestigious dance & performing arts institutes and universities.
Previous Performances Include:
- Kent Cultural Celebration ( 2016)
- MOVE IT 2014, 2016, 2017 London
- U Dance 2013 Leeds Festival ( Regional Winners & National Festival)
- Youth Sport Trust National Conference 2013
- Kent Schools Games 2012 Opening Ceremony
- Olympic Torch Relay Event in Dover 2012
- Festival for Stars Competition (Regional winners) 2011
- Arts Awards South East Conference 2011
FIND OUT MORE
For information on auditions & open days please contact Head of Dance Ceris Eveleigh.
Cascade has been working in partnership with Canterbury Institute for Performing Arts for over 6 years producing some beautiful work for our students. Thank you for all the work you do with our dancers and long may it continue.
Ceris Eveleigh, Head of Dance, 2016